2. Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment details including employment history, education history, qualifications and references;
- information about your personal circumstances including but not limited to your child’s name, school, year, class, academic results and any other academic performance data;
- information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via our website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
3. How we collect personal information
We will collect your personal information in a lawful and fair way. We will only collect your personal information where you have consented to it, or otherwise in accordance with the law.
3.2 How we collect information from you
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- contact us through our website;
- receive goods or services from us, including but not limited to the ongoing use of a smart device or tablet provided by Project Academy;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- submit an application for employment;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as Facebook, Instagram, Slack or TikTok) or otherwise;
- interact with us in person, or otherwise such as through our website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
3.3 How you provide information for someone else
3.4 How we collect information from cookies
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data, including when you use third party websites or apps. To find out more see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
4. Use of your personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following primary purposes:
- to provide goods, services or information to you;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- to maintain, improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
We may also use your personal information for:
- secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use;
- such purposes where we reasonably believe that use of your personal information is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety, and it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your consent;
- any other purpose for which we receive consent from you; or
- any other purpose which is permitted or required under applicable privacy laws.
5. How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to cloud-providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner consistent with how we deal with it.
6. Storage of your personal information
All personal information we collect is stored on servers located in Australia and, for the most part, we do not disclose or transfer personal information overseas. However, the cloud service providers we engage to provide us Australian-based servers may operate overseas disaster recovery sites or have personnel overseas who may access the personal information we hold to assist us in managing our servers. We also may use Google Analytics to track web traffic information which is operated by Google which stores information across multiple countries. When you communicate with us through a social media or instant messaging service such as Slack, the social media provider or instant messaging program and its partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative, IT and technical measures to protect these systems, including but not limited to, restricting the access of personal information to only key personnel.
- However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, such as if you lose your Project Academy device.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
9. Requesting access or correcting your personal information
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you wish to complain about how we handle your personal information held by us, please contact us using the details set out below including your name and contact details. We will investigate your complaint promptly and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
11. Conctact us
Email: [email protected]